In honor of all that’s holy about tacos (Tuesday or not), I have to share our go-to recipe!
WE LOVE TACOS! (Can I just say they are our favorite food!)
- Meat of your choice. (I’m using leftover chicken from last night!)
- 1/2 red (or yellow) onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Tortillas…. (I prefer whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Brown Meat and add in spices! Remove from skillet. Set aside. I usually set these in the oven to stay warm.
Add vegetable oil to skillet to heat. (I use 1 tsp per shell)
When oil is hot, add in tortilla, brown on each side and fold. Place on paper towel to help absorb any last oil.
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped onions (red and/or yellow)
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped cilantro
- Greek yogurt *instead of sour cream*
- Sliced avocado
- Shredded Colby jack cheese
- We had leftover corn from the cob from the evening before so I cut it from the cob and served it as a topping as well.
- Black beans with a squeeze of lime and cilantro are delicious too.
- Fresh bell peppers make an excellent choice to keep the meal light and not so heavy!
**ONE LAST NOTE…. These tacos are delicious with leftover pulled pork or beef roast, shredded chicken, or even venison as a quick evening meal with leftovers!**
If you love this idea, check out these TACO BOWLS with CAULIFLOWER RICE.
Every recipe I share is meant to help busy families stay healthy and live fully! If you’re interested in more delicious options, check out my other recipes.
Oh, and sister, you should subscribe to this Dauntless with Dignity blog for more recipes & time-saving tips straight to your inbox! (I got you, busy Mommas!)
With love… from my kitchen to yours!