Are you working to create a “new normal” right now? I don’t normally write about world events because I feel like I’m just adding “noise” to what others are saying. And like so many others, I’m working to establish a new normal over here too!
But, this world event of COVID-19 is directly impacting my friends, my family, and myself. And that prompts me to reach out to you and share encouragement and some tips for creating a new normal during this time of the Corona Virus.
Our schools are closed right now here in Arkansas for several more weeks. This has given me time to slow down and truly focus on what’s most important. I’m counting this as a small blessing for my sanity and our family right now.
I paused, prayed, and meditated over HOW we as Christians can set a new normal that reflects Christ-centered priorities.
Here are a few questions to help you with this:
1.| How will I start my days so that they are intentional and peaceful in the presence of the Creator instead of rushed and frustrated? *Read THIS POST to help with morning routines.*
2.| How will I organizing my time so that I make my spirituality, my health, and my family a priority? *Read THIS POST to help with setting priorities.*
3.| How can I organize our home and our rhythms so that we are intentional with our days? *Read THIS POST to help with creating a chore chart.*
4.| Where can we go to be outside for fresh air and sunshine while still practicing social distancing?
5.| What have I always said I wish I had more time to do? Can I do this now?
A Few Tips for Creating a New Normal
- Cling to God for wisdom, provision, and direction during this time. Read scripture, pray, meditate. Write daily gratitude.
- Create a plan for your day and your week, but be flexible and give yourself grace.
- Keep your health a priority. Do NOT use this time at home as an excuse to indulge in every bag of chips or eat cake and cookies every day. I promise you’ll regret it.
- Create a running task list of what you always wanted to do, but never had enough time. Does this align with what God’s purpose for you is? If so, go for it!
- Spend time unplugged every day with your children. NO MATTER WHAT. Better yet, go outside in the sunshine and just BE WITH them.
- Eat meals together as a part of your routines. Don’t underestimate breakfast and lunch as together time!
- Establish a chore chart if you’ve not done this yet. Set expectations of how your home should look, feel, smell, etc. Create spoken expectations.
- Invest in yourself and personal growth. Use this time to pick up a new (and better) habit of growing spiritually, mentally, and emotionally.
- Establish learning boundaries. If your children are virtually schooling, set boundaries and expectations about when, where, and how school work should be done.
- GIVE YOURSELF GRACE. With all that you’re working on right now, I say this: Give it your all, then give yourself grace.
- Order your groceries online.
Sister, in all of this, be prayerful and trust God. What other things would you add to this list? Leave me a comment below! I would love to add it.
Blessings from my toolbox to yours,
MORE HELPFUL TOOLS
Sister, if you’re looking for more tips on how to simplify your life with a Spirit-led approach, I’ve got you covered! When it comes to organizing our homes and our kitchens, I’ve got 2 awesome resources to help you!
1.| SIMPLIFY IN THE SPIRIT
2.| SIMPLIFY YOUR SPACE
I created an action-packed download to help you create momentum to simplify your space and get you results. I’m sharing what I’ve learned through years of moving (thanks, Army) reading, trial and error, and listening to the “experts” to craft a single document so that you can put your energy + effort where it needs to go: YOUR SPACE.
I share my story here in The Beautiful Truth Behind Simplifying My Space because this part of the journey can be super challenging!
3.| THE MEAL PLANNING KIT FOR ALL MOMMAS
When I first began my health journey I needed simple tools to plan a menu that would work for our entire family.
There were so many tools out there that I was overwhelmed with where to start. I designed this meal planning kit to work for any momma anywhere, no matter your income, your family dynamic, or your work schedule.
The premise: Give each family member a voice in the planning process to help them take ownership of the food that graces our table.
Set parameters around food choices to gently guide your family in making better and healthier choices for their favorite foods.
We save time and money (and mom brain power) when we take a few minutes each week to plan healthy and affordable choices for our families.
IS SIMPLIFYING THE ANSWER FOR YOU?
If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed with life right now, know that you are NOT ALONE. I know when I first began listening to this calling the Lord place on me, I was a little overwhelmed as to where to start. As I’ve worked through this process, I’ve created tools to help women simplify their lives with a Spirit-led approach.
I WANT TO SHARE THE STEPS I TOOK TO GET STARTED:
In each of these blog posts, I share the parts of my journey in which I followed the lead of the Creator as He guided me to simplify my life.
Find more tools to encourage and help you here!
I know when I first began this part of my simplifying journey, I felt alone. So, friend, I want to encourage you to share this on your favorite social media platform to encourage other women in their journey to seek simplicity in their homes and their lives, and in turn, know the peace and joy the Creator provides.
Blessings from my toolbox to yours,